- Parent Memo Term 2 Week 4
- Enrolments for 2021 Closing TOMORROW!
- Community Council Update
- Canteen News
- Finance News Week 4
- Transport Canberra Update
- Sick Students
- School Banking Resuming in Term 3
- Lost Property - Uniform
- Lost Property - Headphones
- MacKillop College - Enrolling now for 2021
- St Clare's College Canberra - Enrolling now for 2021
The community council met on Tuesday 18 May, albeit a little differently than normal as most of us were in our lounge rooms coming together via zoom! We are all getting comfortable with being uncomfortable in our new normal.
It was great to get together as we missed our meeting in Term 1 Week 8 and had a number of items we needed to work on and discuss:
- Thank you - On behalf of the entire school community we would like to show our appreciation to all the teachers, Kate, Tiffany and support workers. The dedication shown to each and every child over the last 7 weeks has been commendable. To show our appreciation we will be purchasing a special lunch for all staff in the coming weeks.
- Family fun - Community unity and socialising are still in the forefront our minds, while we are unable to gather at this time as we previously had we will be reaching out to all families to create fab 5 groups. What this means is you will receive an email and if you would like to participate all you need to do is respond and your email address will be shared with 4 other families in your child's year group and you can then liaise with each other to complete an outdoor activity and we can then share photos on the school's Facebook page.
- Canteen - will reopen in Week 5 for two days a week with a limited menu (see Canteen News for further information).
- Strategic plan for the grounds - remains in discussion and will be shared once finalised.
Commencing next Thursday 28 May, the canteen will open on Thursdays and Fridays each week for the remainder of the term.
We will offer a reduced menu which allow our canteen managers enough time to fill orders before lunch. At this stage they are not able to have volunteers assist them. Emergency lunches are unable to be provided this term.
We are not able to have counter sales due to restrictions with cash handling. As such, some of our more popular items will be available through QKR. The children will receive these items at the lunch break rather than recess.
Please check out our new menu via QKR. This will reopen by Wednesday next week.
PLEASE NOTE: The school is unable to provide fruit to students
For any assistance with lunch orders, please call the canteen directly on 6292 7477.
Term 2 fee statements were emailed to all families this week. If you did not receive your statement please let me know and I can send you a new one, or update your email address if required.
Term 2 fees do not include the excursion levy of $15.00 per student.
The due date for Term 2 fees is Friday 3 July 2020. Fees may be paid by QKR!, Bpay, Direct Debit (please contact me if you would like to set one up) or credit card over the phone.
If you require any fee assistance due to COVID-19, a reminder that you must submit an application form with supporting documentation in order for your application to be assessed.
Please give me a call or email me email@example.com with any fee related queries.
Over the coming weeks children will start to return to the classroom. All bus and light rail services, including special needs transport, are operating as normal.
To keep our community safe from #COVID19, only use public transport if necessary or consider walking or riding to school for those shorter trips.
The safety of our drivers and our customers is our highest priority and in response to #COVID19 increased cleaning is taking place across all areas of public transport including at stops, stations and within the vehicles.
If you are required to use public transport to get to and from school, please be aware and remember the following:
- No cash accepted on buses - please use MyWay
- Top up (and register) your MyWay card
- Use the rear door to enter and exit on buses
- Be aware that light rail vehicles have auto doors opening at all stops
- Where possible maintain physical distancing
- No front seat access on buses
- Always practice good hygiene
If your child is unwell please keep them at home for their own benefit but also for the benefit of other students and staff. Please make sure that your emergency contacts are up-to-date so that we can contact you quickly if your child becomes unwell or is injured at school. Any child who presents unwell will be sent home immediately.
A reminder that students are not to self-administer medication. Medication should not be kept in children’s bags but kept in the Front Office and Mrs Aksila or Mrs Rowell will administer or monitor the taking of any medication.
Last term notes were sent home with students whose medication was out of date or expiring soon. We ask that you bring this new medication into the office as soon as possible so that we have the correct medication to give to your child when required.
Several parents are expressing their frustration, when they have gone to the trouble of labelling their child’s jumper and hat, and it now cannot be found.
We ask that all parents check that their child is wearing items belonging to them.
If you find that you have someone else’s jumper or hat at home, please return it to the school so it can be returned to its rightful owner.